Tuesday, March 18, 2008

My Boys


Lately I have been thinking a lot about how grateful I am for my little stinkyfaces. Perhaps it is because of my relentlessly busy schedule and maybe I am often thinking about them when I am away from home or it might just be that the mere thought of them motivates me to try to be a better person and to do my best as I try to provide for my little family.

If you have ever meet these boys, you know that they aren't quiet, shy little boys that constantly look and act adorable. I admit that I think that they are pretty good looking little guys, but they have already developed into very independent, stubborn little beings.

James might be one of the brightest little four year olds that I have ever met. But his most endearing quality is his undying love for his family. He has such trusting eyes and often makes me nervous when he looks at me like I can do no wrong. James is going through a superhero phase (one which I have definitely encouraged with my own love for superheroes). He wants so badly to have super powers and be able to run fast like the Flash, fly through the air like Superman, or turn things to ice like Iceman from the X-men. As he has learned to read, he will often sit down and read a book on his own or read to his little brother. He loves anything that has to do with dinosaurs, sharks, or underpants. James is honestly one of my best friends. I love to hang out with him, play superheroes, and find his excitement for life contagious.

Owen has such a great smile and he has definitely figured out how to use it to his advantage. When he is sitting on his chair after doing something particularly naughty, he often will just smile or laugh because he knows that it is hard to resist (he gets it from his mother--the contagious laugh, not the defiance--well maybe a little of both). He loves anything that James loves and will follow him around for hours if James will let him. However, Owen is very independent as well. He loves to be able to do something on his own, even if it takes MUCH longer than necessary. He loves to tell a good joke and still thinks it is pretty funny that his daddy lit himself on fire. Every day he welcomes me home with what is possible the greatest hug of all time. He knows just exactly how to wrap his little arms around you and stick his head right into your neck that makes all the worries of the world go away.

I just hope that they never get to a point where they don't want to hang out with me. I worry about the day when they realize that their dad is not a perfect person with secret super powers.

2 comments:

mindi said...

i loved reading this post and hearing about your cute boys. i always wish we could spend more time with you guys and getting to know james and owen.

Leslie said...

Jeffrey Fuller,

Man, it's been a long time. I just got an e-mail from summer telling me about her blog and to check it out because she just had her 2nd bundle of joy! So, I did, and guess who I found? You!!

Well, since you left South Hills, I moved to Fort Herriman Middle School, met the man of my dreams, got married, and had a baby! Crazy how fast life changes. Anyway, baby Ethan is 4 months old now. Andy works at Kennecott Copper mine as a mechanic on the big haul trucks. We live in Herriman and couldn't be happier.

HOpe all is well in your neck of the woods.

Leslie (Trane) Allen