Sunday, December 6, 2009

2009 in Pictures

Since my last real blog posting in April, I became lazy and uninspired by this blog. So I have decided to post a few pictures highlighting the events from the past 8 months. Some life-changing and eternal, others less so.

First and foremost was the arrival of this new little critter into the family. Henry William Fuller was born on May 21 and despite the still sleepless nights, we are incredibly happy to have this beautiful boy number 3 in our home.

Although the birth of Henry meant an early end to my teaching year, I left my wife and three boys at home for a week in June to take 30 rambunctious 8th graders to Washington DC and Philadelphia. It was another great trip and I am looking forward to trip number 4 this next summer.

Summer was supposed to be a time when I was working hard on getting my proposal ready for my PhD. However, when an unexpected departure of my advising professor at the university provided me with a set back, I took the opportunity to relax...went camping with the boys, fishing, trips to the coast, and of course spending time with "Le Honnes".

Summer ended with a great trip to Utah to see our families--and especially for the kids to see their grandparents and cousins.

While we were in Utah, I ran my first competitive race since running cross country in high school. I ran the Provo Canyon Half Marathon with Amber. I had forgotten how addicting running can be. I loved it.

We returned home to a nutria epidemic. These nasty river rodents were invading our garden. Unfortunately, they had to be exterminated.

My long summer soon came to an end and it was back to school time. James started 2nd grade and Owen started his first year of preschool.

We decided to cut down the two giant blue spruces that were taking up our entire backyard. It was a big project, but a lot of fun.

Thanks to my good friends and their big tools that made the job a lot easier. We took them both down with no injuries.

This Halloween, we enjoyed the annual visit from Marge and Pops. James decided to be a wizard and Owen was a chef. Henry (not pictured) wore the pumpkin outfit that Kristine had made for Owen when he was a babe. It was a little bit of a tight fit (Owen was only 1 mo. old his first Halloween) but it worked.

Finally, we enjoyed our first Thanksgiving at our own home. We were sad to be away from family, but happy that we didn't have to spend two days traveling anywhere. We enjoyed the day with great friends and delicious food.

2 comments: