Thursday, January 22, 2009

Coming back....


(First congrats to our new POTUS, somehow I feel like we are living a great episode of The West Wing)

Just like all things, it is incredibly difficult to come back to something after such a long absence. I have a million reasons why I haven't posted, but don't we all have a ton of excuses. Nevertheless, to make me feel better, I shall create a list that will portend that I have been much busier than I have been.

1. Working full-time, going to school full-time, finishing my practicum hours to become a principal, and having an enormous amount of duties in my church have taken control of my life.

2. Having a pregnant wife that was insanely nauseous for weeks and weeks forced me to spend less time blogging and more time developing my homemaking skills.

3. I have recently become obsessed with CNN, ABC World News Tonight with Charles Gibson, and other news outlets.

4. It is too difficult to try to be an "active" Facebooker and a blogger.

5. I sit in front of a computer too much trying to put in grades for my students or reading some lame article for a class that I have no desire to look at a computer screen at any other time.

6. I have nothing important or worthwhile to say.

5 comments:

Em said...

yay for the return of heff! you definitely have worthwhile things to say. congrats on the principal endeavors too. i didn't know you were so close.

Lima Bean said...

I'm also glad you're back. I didn't know you were obsessed with Charles Gibson. I'll take the blame for the addiction to CNN. . .

Brittany and Steve Macbeth said...

the last excuse has no merit - you are always have important things to say - or at least as Fuller's we know how to make things seem important. Ha ha ha
I totally agree with your West Wing comment - I have been watching it on Bravo and whenever I watch anything on the news outlets about Obama I have felt the same way....it's a little eerie!

Lis said...

I hear you. Sometimes I get to thinking that we just don't need to put more things on the internet, or look at more things on the internet and just be quiet and sit still and send a telegram or something.

And yet . . . that's such an extreme view and there's so much value, so anyway, glad you're back. And that Bean's feeling better.

Lis said...

PS How fantastic was the First Lady's outfit there?