Friday, February 1, 2008

Our Beloved Prophet



Last Sunday our beloved prophet died. I just read through my journal entry of the day that President Hinckley came to my mission in Paris, France. I remember how amazed I was as I sat in a small chapel in France with just 200 other missionaries, listening to our prophet and his wife speak. At that moment I knew more than ever before that this man was a prophet for our day, a man called of God. Later that evening when he spoke to a few thousand French members and he challenged the members to prepare themselves for a temple to be built in Paris, I again felt that overwhelming love for this incredible man.

I am selfishly saddened by his passing; but am so glad that he is finally able to be with his dear wife. I hope that I can always follow his example of kindness and hope.

No comments: